Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Idol News And Notes: K-Lo, J-Hud, Anthony, and Constantine



Lots happening in the world of Idol-dom this week:

-Kimberley Locke's sophomore album, "Based on a True Story," is available in stores today. While I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, I loved K-Lo on Idol and I enjoyed much of her first CD, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she's brought to the table for this go-round. "Idol Thoughts" friend Josh says Kim's cover of "Band of Gold" (which she sang on the show) is worth the price of the CD alone, and I trust his taste, so I'll be dowloading this one later this week -- stay tuned for my thoughts.

-Jennifer Hudson is featured on a track from Ne-Yo's new album, which is also available in stores today. The song is called "Leaving Tonight," and, let me tell you, it is fierce. A back-and-forth R&B duet, J-Hud sounds absolutely amazing -- much different from her Effie vocals on the Dreamgirls soundtrack, but still showing off her trademark soul and power. I literally can not wait until her solo album is released later this year. Ne-Yo also sounds great on the song, which finds Jennifer confronting her man about his potentially cheating ways. It's slow-burning and hella sexy -- definitely worth a download.

-Anthony Fedorov begins his stint in the Off-Broadway show "The Fantasticks" tonight (you can buy tickets here). I'm slightly tempted to buy a (discounted) ticket to this one, to see how Mr. F does in his theatrical debut. The show is playing at The Snapple Theater, just one block away from where Ms. Fantasia is doin' her thing over at "The Color Purple" (which I am seeing on Thursday!!)

-Finally, Constantine Maroulis, who has appeared in the shows The Wedding Singer and Jacques Brel is Alive and Well in the past year, joins the soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful on May 15, where he will play a music producer conveniently named Constantine. He will apparently be performing a number of songs on the show from his upcoming solo debut album. I'm not a big soap fan, but this could be worth setting my Tivo for.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey don't just think about it....go on and get that ticket for Anthony In the Fantasticks....his voice is as awesome as it ever was....this guy works hard for the money!