Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Idol Thoughts on ABC's Fall Schedule

After this week is over, and all of the networks have presented their fall schedules, I will be giving my detailed thoughts on all the new shows announced by the networks. But, for now, here are some initial thoughts on ABC''s fall schedule (which you can view by clicking here):

-I gotta say, I'm really excited about the new ABC dramas, which, at least on paper, look way more interesting than NBC's. Many seem to be in the vain of Grey's Anatomy and Brothers & Sisters, which, as far as I am concerned, is a very good thing. Between Dirty Sexy Money, Big Shots, Cashmere Mafia, Eli Stone, and Women's Murder Club, we've got Michael Vartan, Peter Krause, Lucy Liu, Victor Garber, and two (two!) shows from producer Greg Berlanti, who was the executive producer of the late Everwood, and currently oversees Brothers & Sisters.

The show I'm hearing the most buzz about, however, is Pushing Daisies, starring Lee Pace, Kristin Chenoweth, and Swoosie Kurtz. Michael Ausiello from TVGuide (whose opinion I trust) calls it the most exciting new show of the season -- sounds good to me!

-ABC is certainly taking a risk by placing three new shows (Pushing Daisies, Private Practice, and Dirty Sexy Money) on Wednesday nights, but, assuming they've made some changes since the backdoor pilot aired a couple of weeks ago, the Grey's Anatomy spin-off should provide a solid anchor for the evening.

-Caveman? Really? I guess the sitcom really is in dire straits.

-Is there anyone who doesn't think October Road is this year's What About Brian? Is there any chance this show is actually going to gain viewers this coming season?

-Men in Trees leading off Friday evenings? Not sure how I feel about this one yet.

Stay tuned for more...

No comments: