Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Broadway's Idina Menzel Debuts New Songs on Whoopi's Radio Show



She broke onto the scene in Rent, and stole hearts (and the Tony Award) in Wicked, and now gorgeous Broadway star Idina Menzel, who has one of the best belting voices in the business, is releasing a solo album. Yay!

This is actually the second album Menzel has released -- she put out a CD a few years after Rent debuted that didn't really go anywhere. But based on the sound of her new songs (which she co-wrote with producer Glenn Ballard), this one may actually gain some traction.

Watch the videos of Idina performing "I Stand" and "Brave" on Whoopi Goldberg's radio show, and let me know what you think.



Click for Today's Week's Top 10 Posts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peeeyew. Something stinks in here. I think it's Idina's songwriting ability. I love Idina but those are some awful lyrics. I'm afraid I won't be purchasing that CD.

Katie said...

Actually, it will be her third album! (Still I Can't Be Still - 1998; Here - 2004) And I STILL pop in that '98 album and jam every once in a while. I hear she's going for a new sound on this one, but I personally can't wait. Loves me some Idina.