Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Someone Please Write a Movie Musical For Justin Timberlake



Is there anything Justin Timberlake can't do?

If you caught his Future Sex/Love Sounds concert on HBO, than you know the answer to that question is likely NO!

He's cute as all get out. He can sing. He can dance. He can play multiple musical instruments. He can charm.

Yep, he can pretty much do it all.

So, my question is -- why hasn't someone written a movie musical for this guy? Sure, Zac Efron is the hottie-of-the-moment, but Timberlake is in a whole 'nother league. I would think he would be the perfect entertainer to headline an original, urban influenced musical, something like a latter-day The Wiz or even something like 8 Mile that would allow JT to showcase his many, many talents. Composers, get on it!

In the meantime, if they make a musical of Wicked, I vote Timberlake plays Fiyero.

As for the rest of Justin's concert -- holy cow! Like I said in my post Looking Forward To: Justin Timberlake's HBO Concert, I had seen him live back in March, but this close-up perspective on all that he can do was almost too much to handle. Love him or hate him, there is no denying the guy puts on a fantastic show.

And I commend him for really embracing the adult-ness of the show. There was probably a temptation to dumb it down a bit for the leftover 'nsync fans, but he kept the sexuality, the language, the drinking and the innate sexuality in a way that really cements his legitimacy as an artist.

Nice work, Justin!

Click for Cute Boys of Pop Culture

Click for This Fall at Idol Thoughts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I guess I better check it out on-demand.