Tuesday, September 25, 2007

12 Best SYTYCD Dances: Lacey and Kameron's Season 3 Contemporary at #3



Ok, I admit it...I miss So You Think You Can Dance. I know, I know, it's been almost three weeks since Sabra Johnson was named this year's champ, but I can't get those kids and their fancy footwork out of my head!

So, to satisfy my SYTYCD cravings, I thought I would take a look over the next week or so at the 12 Best SYTYCD Dances of All Time, including a youtube video when available. Like all best-of lists, these choices are subjective, so please feel free to post comments and let me know what you think.


Mia Michaels is a miracle worker, and in this dance from Season 3's first performance episode, she did it again, transforming Lacey Schwimmer from the cheesy, annoying younger sister she had appeared to be during the audition episodes, into a sexy, emotional woman. Of course, it became clear over the course of the season that there wasn't much Lacey couldn't do, but she was simply magnificent in this performance, flinging herself around the stage with total abandon. And even though Lacey was clearly the star of the number, cutie Kameron was there for her every single step of the way. The dance had tension, heartbreak, intimacy -- and I loved every second of it.

To see #'s 12 through 4, click for more So You Think You Can Dance

Click for Today's Top 10 Posts

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you that what made this piece extraordinary was Lacey's committment to it. She just poured herself into the dance and the emotion. Love your choices!

Anonymous said...

^Well personally, I think most of the emotion came from Kameron but that's just my opinion.

Anyhoo, that's funny that you listed this as #3....I did a list recently and had it at the same spot. I've agreed w/ a lot of your choices so far, cant wait to see the top 2!