Thursday, September 06, 2007

12 Best SYTYCD Dances: Benji and Donyelle's Season 2 Broadway at #11



Ok, I admit it...I miss So You Think You Can Dance. I know, I know, it's been almost three weeks since Sabra Johnson was named this year's champ, but I can't get those kids and their fancy footwork out of my head!

So, to satisfy my SYTYCD cravings, I thought I would take a look over the next week or so at the 12 Best SYTYCD Dances of All Time, including a youtube video when available. Like all best-of lists, these choices are subjective, so please feel free to post comments and let me know what you think.


The list started at number 12 with Blake and Ashley's Season 1 Salsa, and now it's time for #11 -- Benji and Donyelle's Season 2 Broadway routine to "You Can't Stop the Beat" from Hairspray.

I debated whether or not to include this dance on the list, considering the fact that technically there have been many more difficult dances. However, few dances throughout all seasons of So You Think You Can Dance have been as purely joyful as this one was, and for that reason alone I decided it deserved the #11 spot. Benji and Donyelle completely forgot about technique and just danced this number with abandon, and it was so infectiously joyous you couldn't help but have a smile on your face by the end of it. Broadway routines can fall a little flat on the show, but this one was exciting from beginning to end.

Keep checking back throughout the week for numbers 10 through 1.

Click for #9 -- Ivan and Allison's Season 2 Hip Hop

Click for #10 -- Danny and Anya's Season 3 Waltz

Click for #11 -- Benji and Donyelle's Season 2 Broadway

Click for #12 -- Blake and Ashley's Season 1 Salsa

Click for more So You Think You Can Dance

Click for Today's Top 10 Posts

No comments: