Friday, September 07, 2007

Predicting the Emmys: Supporting Actor in a Comedy


For the next two weeks, I will be giving my predictions for the 2007 Emmy Awards. Who was overlooked? Who should win? And who's gonna win?

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Jon Cryer, Two and a Half Men
Kevin Dillon, Entourage
Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother
Jeremy Piven, Entourage
Rainn Wilson, The Office

Overlooked:
Donald Faison, Scrubs
Jerry Ferrara, Entourage
John Krasinski, The Office
Eric Mabius, Ugly Betty
Michael Urie, Ugly Betty

Should Win: Neil Patrick Harris

Will Win: Rainn Wilson

Potential Spoiler: Kevin Dillon

This category is full of worthy nominees, and it's possible that any of the five deserving gentlemen could take home the prize. I'd guess last year's winner Piven won't likely repeat, leaving the door open for his co-star Dillon to pick up his first award for his hysterical work as Johnny Drama. But will Piven and Dillon split the vote? Harris, in my opinion, should take home the trophy for his consistently hilarious performance on How I Met Your Mother, but I'm guessing it's going to be too hard for voters to resist the quirky appeal of Rainn Wilson as The Office's Dwight, and he will walk away with the award.

Click for more 2007 Emmy Awards

Click for This Fall at Idol Thoughts

No comments: