Thursday, September 20, 2007

12 Best SYTYCD Dances: Jaimie and Hok's Season 3 Jazz at #5



Ok, I admit it...I miss So You Think You Can Dance. I know, I know, it's been almost three weeks since Sabra Johnson was named this year's champ, but I can't get those kids and their fancy footwork out of my head!

So, to satisfy my SYTYCD cravings, I thought I would take a look over the next week or so at the 12 Best SYTYCD Dances of All Time, including a youtube video when available. Like all best-of lists, these choices are subjective, so please feel free to post comments and let me know what you think.


Time for #5 -- Jaimie and Hok's Season 3 Jazz!

There are times on this show when the choreographer just seems to get the strengths and weaknesses of the dancers he or she is working with, and this is most definitely one of those times. Wade Robson brought out the very best in both Jaimie and Hok -- with her, the choreography spotlighted her astounding lines and amazing extension were astounding, and he gave Hok intricate, interesting movement that highlighted the unique things he is capable of doing. The result was a nuanced, breathtaking masterpiece.

Click for more So You Think You Can Dance, including #'s 12 through 6 on this list.

Click for This Week's Top 10 Posts

No comments: