Monday, September 03, 2007

Twelve Best SYTYCD Dances of All Time: Blake and Ashley's Salsa at #12



Ok, I admit it...I miss So You Think You Can Dance. I know, I know, it's been almost three weeks since Sabra Johnson was named this year's champ, but I can't get those kids and their fancy footwork out of my head!

So, to satisfy my SYTYCD cravings, I thought I would take a look over the next week or so at the 12 Best SYTYCD Dances of All Time, including a youtube video when available. Like all best-of lists, these choices are subjective, so please feel free to post comments and let me know what you think.

First up at number 12 -- Blake and Ashley's Season 1 Salsa.

Blake, one of the best technical dancers the show has ever had (and also one of it's cockiest contestants) had gotten mostly contemporary throughout the season, and Ashley was pretty much straight up a jazz dancer, but somehow when they came together on this Latin style, magic happened. The sharpness and sexuality these two injected into the dance was fierce, and I'm a sucker for a bit of that Beyonce bounce, but it's Ashley's footwork and her spin around just on her high heel that really blows me away

To read the rest of the Top 12 list, click for more So You Think You Can Dance

Click for Today's Top 10 Posts

No comments: