Thursday, September 13, 2007

Kimberley Locke Responds to Tour Rumors with Clay and Ruben

Former American Idol contestant Kimberley Locke has taken to her myspace blog to try and dispel some rumors about a potential tour featuring her, Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard (see Studdard, Aiken and Locke to Reunite on the Road?). Apparently Clay had responded that the rumors of the our were "unauthorized," which inspired Locke to set the record straight.

In the blog posting, excerpted below, she confirms that she gave the information to Billboard magazine, and says that she was being truthful in saying there were "talks." She also, it should be noted, makes a bit of a snide comment about her former roommate Clay, saying, "If Clay had chosen to return my phone calls over the last two months, he would perhaps not feel as "unfortunate," and he would have been made aware that I mentioned it to Billboard."

Ouch.

Here is an excerpt from the post:

"I just wanted to clarify that recently during an interview regarding my "Christmas" album with Billboard, I was asked about any fellow Idols that I may speak with. I mentioned that I had spoken with only Clay and Ruben because I do try my best to keep in touch with them. I went on to say in that interview that I had spoken with them about a reunion concert tour idea and that Ruben and Clay were game for it because they told me they were. In fact, in my last conversation with Clay he suggested that my manager and agents contact his. They did. And they have spoken. And in telling Billboard we were "in talks" and "Now it's up to our agents and managers to book it," I was being truthful in the information that I had received. I told Billboard I was "hopeful" that the tour would come together. (That didn't get printed.) In no way did I imply that we were all committed to this tour idea. So contrary to Clay feeling "unfortunate," that the story "found it's way to the press unauthorized," it was not "unauthorized." It was put out there by me, who conceived the touring idea and called my friends for their involvement. If Clay had chosen to return my phone calls over the last two months, he would perhaps not feel as "unfortunate," and he would have been made aware that I mentioned it to Billboard. I want to thank the fans of Clay and Ruben and my own who were positive and supportive of this idea, which again, was just an idea. It will now be put to rest."

Click for more News on Former American Idol Contestants

Click for Today's Top 10 Posts

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping that the tour was true but, for some reason and it seems to be more Clay's fans than Kim's or Ruben's are so set against it. Kim has always been one of my favor female singer from Idol, and I am sure she will do just fine with or without the three of them touring together.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Kim and Ruben are not touring with Clay. I believe it would be detrimental to both of them to align themselves that closely with Clay considering his reputation in the public and the music industry. Kim and Ruben are doing well, Clay's fifteen minutes are almost up.

Jo said...

I am sure Kim knows that Clay has been on tour for more than the two months she has been trying to get a phone call back. He has been battling 100 degree temperatures at most of his concerts and rehearsing with new orchestras at most stops. I am sure he could have found a minute to call, but please appreciate what goes on during a new concert tour. We know he was thinking about it but probably didn't realize the rumor was about to fly. Clay also is preparing for his performance at Lincoln Center and is planning for his new Christmas tour while working on a new album. Since this current tour ended he has also had another meeting with the President's Commission in DC. I don't think anyone should be tough on Clay for his delay in getting back to Kim.

Anonymous said...

Ruben's fans didn't seem too happy either, It was a "STEP BACK" for Ruben too, so some have said.

But this Statement seems to be a bit of a contradiction in of itself. She most certainly did imply the tour was a done deal, it seemed clear enough for news outlets and radio to report it as such.

If things were not a done deal, as apparently they weren't if she's still trying to get an answer from him and hadn't spoken to Clay while he'd been on tour for the last two months, It's not something that she should have announced in any way. It may not have been the same priority project for Clay that is was for KIm. Clay's said he planned on having an album ready for early 2008, (that's his goal) I can't see him having that many irons in the fire, still, It would seem that whatever the case, It was mentioned in a press release and was worded by her PR team as though it were happenning . Clay's blog blamed the media for and PR for taking it too far, Kim seems to have blamed Clay.

She made things very personal, And it never should have been done this way, by either of them.

Anonymous said...

Truth is an interesting thing, when two or more people can come out of a meeting with totally different ideas of what they just discussed. Both can be right, both can be wrong. I hope they get to discuss this in private now and continue to be friends. Since I was not at any meeting with them, I cannot know what transpired, nor can anyone who would probably comment.

Ruben, you are wise to say nothing.

Anonymous said...

I should think her first clue that this wasn't gonna happen would have been the 2 months worth of unreturned phone calls!

Why would you announce something you hadn't even discussed in 2 months?

Weird.

Anonymous said...

I was a Kim fan, but no more. She sounds so catty, and so much like a diva in waiting.

Reuben, Clay, and Kim seemed to be such good friends; it's a shame she chose to take this road.

Now she has to suffer the fallout she herself has created.