Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Will Big Brother's Dick and Daniele Have a Relationship Outside the House?

As I write this, with Big Brother After Dark playing in the background, Dick and Daniele are chatting about Claim Jumper's desserts and salty potato chips. It's a long way from Dick's entrance to the house back in July, which was met with an icy stare from his daughter. But even though they are now capable of sitting around and shooting the shit, the question remains -- will they have a relationship outside the house?

There's no denying they have bonded during their time on the show, but is that because they have actually resolved some of their issues, or because they had no choice but to turn to each other as allys once they became outcasts in the game?

Both Dick and Daniele had something to gain from each other. It was always in Daniele's interest to keep Dick in the house -- he was never going to betray her, she could trust him, he could take the heat for her, and, most memorably, he flat-out saved her from eviction. Dick also had something to gain -- this was probably his one shot at unfettered access to his daughter, and it seems he would do anything, including putting up with a lot of her whiny bullshit, to win her affection.

So what will happen once they are out of the game? Will their bond carry over to the outside world?

I'm skeptical. Daniele is such a bitch to Dick when she actually needs him, I can't imagine she's going to all of a sudden become loving one the game is over. I believe Dick will try, but Daniele is a user -- she uses people until she doesn't need them anymore, and then she's done.
Unfortunately for Dick, I think that might be his fate.

What do you think? Will Dick and Daniele have a relationship outside the Big Brother house?

Click for more Big Brother

Click for Today's Top 10 Posts

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I think that the estrangement story between the Donatos was a load of crap - nothing more than a made-up story line to suck in the viewers.

They have said on the feeds that they were allied since Day 1, and that they even shared a limo ride to the house.

And given all the favoritism and preferential treatment the Donatos have received this season, I think that this version of Big Brother is as real as professional wrestling.

Anonymous said...

I THINK IT WAS ALL AN ACT.

Anonymous said...

No, I don't think they will. I think they will try and something will piss her off again and off she will go. I also hope that this doesn't happen to Nick as well. It already is more then obvious that Kris is out of the picture, I am anxious to see what will happen with Nick.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is real, either. They communicated in the limo and before the show started. CBS has been inconsistent and did all they can do to keep the Donatos in that house. CBS ignored so much that they have done (especially Dick!!) and jumped on others for much less offenses. It's a scam.

Anonymous said...

Dick and Dani outside the house?
I don't believe they will have a relationship. I've heard the limosine story as well and it is mighty peculiar. But I do think that the fights were real. I never see her actually try to list the "reeeaaasssooons " why they were estranged, let alone attempt to fix them. After she gets the money, she will have no more use for Dick.

Lizzie said...

Whether the "feud" is real or not; I don't see Daniele being happy. Even if she wins the half million, she will continue to find the down side of everything and play the victim. If anything, the money will give them more to fight about and make her even more miserable. And good old Dick, who hasn't managed to make much of himself in 44 years isn't suddenly going to become an overnight success if he wins either. I don't see a bright future for either one, regardless of the outcome of the game. The only winner is CBS who made a lot of money this summer!

Anonymous said...

I think if Danielle wins, there relationship will go back to the way it was. I think Dick has been a cruel player to several of the other players and I am sure Danielle has been a victim of this several times in her childhood. She is old enough now to stand up to him and the damage he can cause to one's self esteem. She has obviously built up a thick wall over the years and is afraid to let her guard down. This is why she never hugs him back or tells him she loves him. The only way I think a relationship may work is if Dick wins the big money and shares it with her, his son, and mother if not I agree with an earlier post, the money will only drive them further apart. I want to know where is her mother? Hopefully it will be used for some family counseling.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Dick is a saint, but he is a game player he did what he had to do to keep his brat in the game, do I agree with the way he play the game no! But let look at the big picture Amber lied and lied and then lied and then make racist comments. Kail went after Dick and then called him the bad person because he got mad and went after her. Dustin (I just going to leave that loser alone). Nick found feeling in the game and it cost him Jessica play like a school kid and not for herself, Eric just made me sick, Jameka I can't say how she play the game because she never played for herself or did she and just didn't know what the game was about in the first place. And Zack is a lonely guy! So who do I think should win the game well that would be the person who played the game! Dick

Anonymous said...

I think they both are the poorest excuse for a human being I have ever seen