Tuesday, September 04, 2007

This Fall at Idol Thoughts

You may have noticed a bit of new look here at Idol Thoughts, which is to commemorate the start of the fall season and the six month anniversary of Idol Thoughts. Yep, it was half a year ago this week that on a whim I started to do some writing about TV, and now, six months later, I'm still writing and there's been almost 500K visits to the site! Not only that, August was the biggest month so far! I'm having a great time, and I hope you guys are enjoying reading my thoughts on the crazy world of pop culture. I hope you'll keep coming back, as the site is updated several times a day.

If you haven't already, please bookmark the site now (click here for the main homepage).

Summer is coming to a close, but there are several exciting things coming up at Idol Thoughts, including:

Even More Coverage of Reality TV
This fall I'll be blogging news and thoughts on Dancing with the Stars, Survivor China, The Next Great American Band, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway and more. And of course, while American Idol doesn't return until January, I'll continue to have news on former American Idol contestants.

More TV Reviews and Reflections
As the networks continue to send me screeners (thanks NBC, Fox, CBS, Showtime, TNT, and the CW!), there'll be lots more television reviews. In addition, there will be thoughts and reflections on returning shows like Grey's Anatomy, House, Heroes, Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives, Friday Night Lights, Lost and more. In addition, I'll be sampling many of the fall offerings, and will surely be following some of them as well.

You may have also noticed the new 2007 Emmy Awards category on the navigation bar -- I'll be previewing all of the major categories over the next couple of weeks, so keep checking back for that. Also expect a Fall TV category later this week -- I'll be taking a look, night-by-night, at the new and returning series.

More Film and Theater Reviews
I love the fall movie season, so expect lots of news and reviews about potential Academy Award contenders. In addition, there's tons of new shows opening both on and off Broadway this fall, and I plan to see as many as I can, and I'll be letting you know how they are.

Other New Features:

  • "Looking Forward To..." will spotlight upcoming shows, movies, or albums.
  • "Great Performances" will highlight, well, great performances from all areas of pop culture.
  • "Hot Youtube Video" will show off viral videos that are making their way around the web.
  • "Cute Boys of Pop Culture" gives me the chance to chat about my crushes. Current obsessions: Zac Efron, Wentworth Miller and Jake Gyllenhaal.

If there is anyting you'd like to see more of on Idol Thoughts, please drop me a line at idolthoughts2007@gmail.com. I hope you'll bookmark the site and keep coming back this fall!

No comments: