Thursday, March 08, 2007

Who's Gonna Go?

Speculation is running rampant all across cyberland, as we get closer to the announcement of which of the Top 16 contestants has been given the boot, and which have made it to the Top 12. Yes, in just a few short hours we will know for sure which individuals we will be obsessing over and whining about for the next 12 weeks.

On the basis of merit (or lack of merit) alone, we should be seeing a montage of Sanjaya, Jared, Antonella, and Haley's time on American Idol at about 8:58 tonight. However, when was the last time things went totally according to plan on this crazy show? I would say the chances of both Sanjaya and Antonella gettin' kicked to the curb tonight are, unfortunately, pretty slim.

So how will it play out? Did Sanjaya's fans continue to carry him? Will Antonella's pictures have earned her more votes than Stephanie or Sabrina's vocals? Will Brandon, Phil, Jared, or Sundance, despite below par performances, have earned enough support to take it to the next step? And is there any way we'll be seeing Haley come next week?

My official votes in my 30-person American Idol pool (which, I might not-so-humbly add, I have won the pas two years) were for Jared, Phil, Haley, and Antonella, but, I really wouldn't be shocked (disappointed, yes...shocked, no) if Antonella stays and Sabrina or Stephanie goes home. I would love it if America surprised me and sent Sanjaya packin', but for now I'm stickin' to my guesses that we've seen the last of Jared and Phil.

Who do you think is going home tonight?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It surprises me that antonella is still on the show. She should have been voted off last week, same with Sanjaya (How did he win over A.J?). My bet's on Antonella and Haley for the girls and Sanjaya and Jared for the boys.