Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Top 11 Performances: LaKisha Jones

Do you think Lulu is sitting at home thinking "I told you so!"

First of all, what did they do to LaKisha's hair? Why oh why?

I'm a huuuuuge fan of Kiki (as far as I'm concerned her rendition of "God Bless the Child" last week rivals Melinda's "My Funny Valentine" for the performance of the season), and she sounded, as always, fantastic, but there was something missing from her performance tonight. I'm constantly impressed by her vocal control and the nuance she injects into songs, but she's a little vacant in the eyes, and that worries me. It's almost like she's going through the motions, but she's not quite present.

Still, she's great.

GRADE: B+


1. Melinda Doolittle
2. Jordin Sparks
3. Blake Lewis
4. LaKisha Jones
5. Chris Sligh
6. Chris Richardson
7. Haley Scarnato
8. Phil Stacey
9. Gina Glocksen
10. Stephanie Edwards
11. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: