Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Semifinal Performances: Stephanie Edwards

How can a song have so much high belting and still be, well, kinda boring?

Stephanie does a pretty solid rendition of Chaka Khan's "Sweet Thing," but even though, for the most part, it sounds good (that real high note toward the end wasn't so pretty), it left me a bit cold. I think she's got Latoya London-itis...great voice, gorgeous, but just not warm enough to really engage the audience.

Having said that, I do hope she makes the Top 12, although I'm not as confident as Simon that she's done enough to do so. Sabrina and Stephanie fill too similar a spot, and I'm afraid one of them won't be around for the move to the bigger stage.

GRADE: B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think its a real possibility that either Stephanie or Sabrina will cancel each other out. But they both sure know how to wear a dress! Fabulous girls!