Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Top 10 Performances: LaKisha Jones

First off, LaKisha's look is MUCH improved this week -- those boots are kickin' and the hair is fierce (although I could have done without the loud floral print on the bottom of her dress).

As for her performance -- I gotta say, it didn't do much for me. I love Kiki, don't get me wrong, and of course she sounded great, but I had a number of issues with it, including, at the top of the list, the song choice. I mean, SO cliched! It does seem LaKisha as a thing for picking cliched songs -- "I Have Nothing"? "Midnight Train to Georgia"? Now, I realize the theme was limited, but even choosing a different Donna Summer tune would have been better than "Last Dance.". I can't hear this song without thinking of the final moments of my Bar Mitzvah party, as the band was starting to pack their things up. BAD choice.

In addition, while every note was pitch-perfect, there was something extremely lacking from her performance -- fun! She was singing a disco song, for goodness sake -- would it have killed her to smile a little!

GRADE: B


1. Gina Glocksen
2. Blake Lewis
3. Melinda Doolittle
4. Jordin Sparks
5. Phil Stacey
6. LaKisha Jones
7. Chris Richardson
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Chris Sligh
10. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: