Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Semifinal Performances: Antonella

Simon just showed us why he makes the big bucks. His comments were GENIUS.

First off, Antonella was wise to show off her violin skills, as opposed to other skills that may-or- may-not-be-her showed off in some recently revealed photos.

As for her performance of Corrinne Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On," I mean, she's terrible. Like Camille Velasco bad. Like she makes Kevin Covais look like a vocal dynamo. She's just horrible.

And yes, she's pretty, but so what? I'm over it.

But now the real goods...Simon BRINGS UP THE PICTURES!! I was absolutely 100% convinced this was never going to be addressed on the show. He does it in such a shockingly classy way that I almost couldn't believe what I was witnessing. And then he tops it off with the best line of all...

"I just wish you could sing better."

Genius.

GRADE: D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Simon said it all, but don't count her out yet, although I sure would like to.