Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Top 11 Performances: Chris Richardson

Did Peter Noone just totally slam Chris to the camera and then tell him he did great to his face? It almost felt like the pre-performance clip was meant to embarrass Chris. Shame, Idol producers, shame.

Truth be told, though, I did miss a bit of the melody in Chris' performance, even though I quite enjoyed that he performed acoustically. I thought he sounded great, and my crush on him continues to grow every week, but it lacked something for me, some oomph. Justin Timberlake would have made that song drip with sex...it felt like Chris' version had maybe one drop, but it was certainly not dripping in it.

I'm a bit surprised the judges were so positive about the performance, but not unhappy. I'm nowhere near ready to say goodbye to this kid.

GRADE: B


1. Melinda Doolittle
2. Jordin Sparks
3. Blake Lewis
4. LaKisha Jones
5. Chris Sligh
6. Chris Richardson
7. Haley Scarnato
8. Phil Stacey
9. Gina Glocksen
10. Stephanie Edwards
11. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: