Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Top 12 Performances: Melinda Doolittle

I love Melinda, I really do. I think she's got a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing. And while I thought her performance of "Home" tonight was very good, and far better than 90& of the rest of the competition, it didn't bowl me over like I hoped that it would (Kimberley Locke killed this song back in Season 2). Her voice sounded just a bit shaky, and she sang lower notes in a few places where I wish she had gone higher, but truly, compared to her competition, I'm nitpicking. She is a true pro and performed with emotion and grace.

And she is SO likeable. That's really gonna be to her benefit in this competition. (Um, duh.)

Grade: A-


My Rankings, from best to worst: (Click on a contestant's name to read more detailed comments on their performance)
1. Lakisha Jones
2. Melinda Doolittle
3. Blake Lewis
4. Jordin Sparks
5. Chris Richardson
6. Phil Stacey
7. Chris Sligh
8. Stephanie Edwards
9. Gina Glocksen
10. Haley Scarnato
11. Brandon Rogers
12. Sanjaya Malakar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes. She's a star. Where has she been my whole life?!

And what was with Simon trying to out Ryan right before her performance. Nobody tries to upstage the Doolittle! NOBODY!

Unknown said...

Where has she been all my life???

And what is with Simon trying to out Ryan right before she sang. Stop trying to steal my girl's thunder, Cowell and Seacrest. STOPIT.