Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Semifinal Performances: Melinda

"Melinda, you're a tiger. I thought we had a pussycat. I love it."
-Simon Cowell, March 7 2007

Simon is on fire tonight.

And so is Melinda. She's so good its almost unfair to the other contestants. And this time, not only does she sound great, she's strutting around the stage like she owns the place. It didn't quite have the emotional impact of last week's tour de force "My Funny Valentine," but in terms of entertainment, it was top notch.

She is such a joy to watch because she really does look like she is enjoying herself. Funny what a bit of humility will do.

GRADE: A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She may be humble in that she does not have a "diva" attitude, but I'm not totally convinced that she does not know how damn good she is. Tonight, I thought she was being a little coy with the camera while the judges were loving her.