Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Top 11 Performances: Sanjaya Malakar

Sanjaya Hair Report: Back to what it looked like at his initial audition. So there's that.

Wait, Sanjaya is a rock star? What? I had no idea!

Before we even get to the performance, the crying girl. The crying girl. Oh. My. God. That has to rank up there with the Clay/Clay doppleganger moment of last season's finale as one of the best moments ever on American Idol. I literally howled with laughter.

This performance seriously boggles the mind. It was undoubtedly Sanjaya's best performance so far (it was even better than Ryan Starr's Season 1 butchering of the song). But what does that really mean? It was, in a word, bizarre.

The judges didn't know what to make of it. I didn't know what to make of it. Heck, even Ryan (Ryan!) didn't know what to make of it. It was like we had entered some alternative universe.

Wow.

GRADE: Who the heck knows? I guess I'll give it a C


1. Melinda Doolittle
2. Jordin Sparks
3. Blake Lewis
4. LaKisha Jones
5. Chris Sligh
6. Chris Richardson
7. Haley Scarnato
8. Phil Stacey
9. Gina Glocksen
10. Stephanie Edwards
11. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: