Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Top 10 Performances: Gina Glocksen

Does Gina Glocksen read "Idol Thoughts?" Because she finally dropped the pseudo-rocker act I've been begging her to abandon for weeks and just stood there and sang a great ballad (a ballad with a bit of an edge, I'll give her that). In so doing, she showed off something that I've managed to forget the past few weeks...

The girl can sing.

This was easily her best performance of the competition. Confident, on pitch, and deeply felt. Nice work, Gina!

And look at Simon being all dramatic with his praise...he really wanted that compliment to land. I think Simon sees potential in Gina to make a serious dent in this competition.

After tonight, I can't say I disagree with him.

GRADE: A-


1. Gina Glocksen
2. Blake Lewis
3. Melinda Doolittle
4. Jordin Sparks
5. Phil Stacey
6. LaKisha Jones
7. Chris Richardson
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Chris Sligh
10. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: