Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Top 10 Performances: Chris Richardson

So after his Bottom 2 showing, Chris Richardson gets the "pimp" spot this week -- although, with the big Dancing with the Stars/American Idol seven-minute issue, it is possible performing last may not help Chris as much as that spot usually does.

As it turns out, though, I don't think Chris is gonna need the extra help. I thought his style really suited the song, and about half-way through he really hit his stride and brought the song home. He's still a bit vocally tentative for my taste, but I thought his vocals were more solid than Simon gave him credit for.

And I couldn't possibly comment on this performance without remarking on how freakin' adorable this kid is. Let's be honest -- it's not because he has a super-lovable personality, or he's so funny. I don't feel like I know a thing about him.

Basically, it comes down to the fact that he is really nice too look at. Is that so wrong?

GRADE: B


1. Gina Glocksen
2. Blake Lewis
3. Melinda Doolittle
4. Jordin Sparks
5. Phil Stacey
6. LaKisha Jones
7. Chris Richardson
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Chris Sligh
10. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: