Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Top 11 Performances: Chris Sligh

There's just no need for the contestants to walk through the audience. No need. Ever.

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I must say I quite enjoyed Chris' performance tonight. It was a great song choice and he delivered it admirably. His vocals were solid and he connected to the lyrics...it was a very fine performance.

But it didn't wow me. I don't know, maybe I want him to be better than he actually is, but it just didn't bowl me over. I nodded, I smiled, but I didn't submit completely.

He did, however, make me laugh with his Taylor-esque "Fro Patrol" outburst. And in a show as strange as this one (I'm still reeling from Sanjaya's performance), a bit of humor is more than welcome.

GRADE: B+


1. Melinda Doolittle
2. Jordin Sparks
3. Blake Lewis
4. LaKisha Jones
5. Chris Sligh
6. Chris Richardson
7. Haley Scarnato
8. Phil Stacey
9. Gina Glocksen
10. Stephanie Edwards
11. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: