Thursday, August 02, 2007

Who is Going Home Tonight - SYTYCD Top 8

It's getting harder and harder to try and predict who will be eliminated on So You Think You Can Dance, especially because so much depends on partners, styles, and choreographers. But that's not gonna stop me from trying!

Here goes...

Eliminated Boy: Dominic

Neil's brava performance in the Mia Michaels piece, coupled with his shirtless display in the Latin Jazz number, means he will most likely be safe. Same goes for Pasha, who delivered two spot-on performances last night.

Which leaves Danny and Dominic as the likely members of the Bottom 2. Danny had a less-than-spectacular evening last night, with neither his Argentine Tango or his Hip Hop showing him off to his full effect. Without a brilliant solo to fall back on, he is definitely in danger.

But not as much danger as Dominic, whose personality has been wearing thin the last few weeks, and who failed to wow in either of his numbers. Will his smooch with Lauren gain him new fans, or will it be the nail in his coffin? I'm guessing it is going to be the latter, and we will be bidding him adieu this evening.

Eliminated Girl: Lauren

Lacey and Sabra are the two clear favorites in the competition, and both ladies should sail through to the Top 6.

That leaves Lauren and Sara as the girls most likely to take center stage tonight. Lauren has vastly improved over the past few weeks, but she's still not as spectacular as her early auditions indicated she might be. Sara, on the other hand, consistently impresses with her versatility and performance ability. While Lauren probably possesses stronger technical skills, at this point in the competition that doesn't really mean much -- and I think she'll be going home tonight.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

Click to read SYTYCD Top 8 -Rankings and Recap and Mia Michaels is a Genius

Click for more So You Think You Can Dance

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I THINK THE BOTTOM 2 FEMALES SHOULD BE LACEY AND LAUREN. LAUREN WILL GO HOME BUT IT SHOULD BE LACEY, SHE IS TOO DRAMATIC AND NOT AS GOOD AS EVERYONE IS MAKING HER OUT TO BE. THE BOTTOM 2 MALES SHOULD BE DOMINIC AND NEIL. NEIL IS A GREAT DANCER, BUT HIS COMPETTITION IS BETTER. DOMINIC'S TIME IS UP, HE SHOULD BE LEAVING TONIGHT. THE TOP 2 DANCERS ARE SABRA AND DANNY. THE WINNER SHOULD BE SABRA!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your rankings this week. Dominic was the weakest, and it is time for him to go.

I had Neil in the bottom two until the Mia Michaels piece. It was incredible, and, I think will motivate people to call for both of them. I cannot imagine either in the bottom two.

For the girls, I agree that Lauren will leave. I think that it is a tougher call on who will be the other in the bottom two. By process of elimination, I agree that it will be Sara.

Next week will be impossible.

Anonymous said...

I hope it is Dominic and Lauren or Lacy.
Danny, Sara and Sabra have been my favorites from the start. I wouldn't mind if Neil went either.

Anonymous said...

From the results...
Here is my IM PISSED at Hit List (To leave NOW): LAUREN.
LACEY. PASHA. I am speechless. I don't know what to say other than
Sara did not deserve to leave just yet, and Pasha was safe??? WTF!!!?
??!?!?! If he makes it into the top 4, i'll need to go to anger
management or take up krumping.

Anonymous said...

I thought Lauren and Neil shoulda left