Monday, August 13, 2007

How I've Come To Love Big Brother's Jessica

There have been two things happening in the Big Brother house over the past couple of weeks that have perplexed me, but after last night's episode I think I've been able to put my finger on what's going on.

First of all -- Jessica. How did the annoying sorority girl become my favorite houseguest?

The answer, actually, is pretty simple -- she listens. Everyone in the house this year speaks (or yells) before they've really thought about what they are going to say, but Jessica lets others do the talking, instead choosing to observe and consider before shouting as loudly as possible. Don't get me wrong, fights like the one between Dick and Jameka make for great (if sometimes squirm inducing) television, but its contestants like Jessica that balance out the crazies.

She's also not an idiot, nor is she easily duped. Clearly it makes more sense for Dick to stay in the house and Daniele to go, and Jessica seems to be the only one who can see that at the moment. And while she may have reconciled with Eric after the "Amber debacle" of last week, she's still got her eye on him, which is wise.

I say -- go Jessica!

Other thoughts on last night's show:

-Oh Jen. The "Jenius" on the underwear? No, no, no. And does anyone else find it tragic how blatantly Daniele is using her, and how she doesn't seem to be hip to that at all? I wouldn't have thought I could say this about Jen, but she's become kind of heartbreaking.

-How about Amber's monologue to God? I'm all for praying -- do what you gotta do to get through the days in that crazy house, no judgement here. But Amber performed her prayer last night, as though communicating with God was the same thing as talking to the producers in the Diary Room. That girl is nothing but drama, I swear!

-America, what are you thinking instructing Eric to try to get Dustin nominated? Are you trying to sabotage the poor dork?

-Finally, Dick vs. Jameka. I gotta give it up to Jameka for finally putting her foot down when it comes to Dick's rantings about her religious beliefs, and I was literally laughing out loud as she clapped her hands in front of her face, but I have to admit I'm getting a little bit tired of these screaming, insult-filled fights. Can't we all just get along?

Click for more Big Brother

No comments: