Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Later Leeza: Dancing with the Stars Results



Every time Tom & Samantha announced the "big surprise" that was in store for tonight's results show, I rolled my eyes. I mean, really? There's no way it was gonna live up to the billing the hosts were giving it.

But I gotta admit -- when Drew Lachey showed up on that stage a huge grin appeared on my face. Cheryl and Drew reunited, and it feels soooooo good. And man, that boy can dance! His footwork and style was head and shoulders better than anything the celebrities have put forth this season.

As for the elimination, it's not much of a surprise to see Leeza Gibbons get sent packin' tonight (I predicted she would be the one to go in my performance recap), but it is a shame that Clyde, who couldn't seem to care less about how he does, is still around while Leeza, who clearly put her all into the competition, gets the boot.

And I have to say, as much as I enjoyed some of the professional dancing and the montage about the professional's underappreciated role in the process, there is no reason this show needs to be an hour long. Two Big & Rich performances? The Jimmy Kimmel bits? Come on, ABC, this is really an abuse of power. And how about showing some time management skills -- every week the eliminated celebrity doesn't have a chance to say goodbye because they've run out of time.

But, despite my gripes, of course I'll be back next week for more Dancing torture. What can I say -- I, like 20 million others, must be a masochist!

No comments: