Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Top 9 Performances: Gina Glocksen

Gina got my “best in show” award last week, and at the start of tonight’s performance I thought she might get repeat honors. By the end, though, I knew it wasn’t gonna be back-to-back victories for Ms. Glocksen.

While she was vocally solid and seemed to connect with the lyrics, the performance just left me a little cold. It definitely wasn’t bad, it just didn’t go to the places I was hoping it was going to.

What was bad, though, was Gina’s pseudo-punk-bouffant. Not cute. And the angle the camera was at so that we could clearly see her tongue ring was kinda scary. Just sayin'.

GRADE: B


1. Jordin Sparks
2. Melinda Doolittle
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Phil Stacey
5. Blake Lewis
6. Gina Glocksen
7. Chris Richardson
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: