Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Top 9 Performances: Phil Stacey

It’s oddly charming how excited Phil is to work with Tony Bennett, and it’s also oddly rewarding (and a bit strange) that Tony calls Phil one of the best voices he’s ever heard. I mean, didn’t the man just record a duet with Barbra and Xtina? Tony, really?

But, lo and behold, Phil’s performance comes close to living up to that title. He sounds great on this song, the style totally suits his voice, and, best of all, it appears effortless. It seems like Phil is meant to sing this kind of music.

While I do agree with Randy that he does feel a bit disconnected from the lyrics, I’d be lying if I said the guy wasn’t growing on me. Nick work, Phil!

GRADE: B+


1. Jordin Sparks
2. Melinda Doolittle
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Phil Stacey
5. Blake Lewis
6. Gina Glocksen
7. Chris Richardson
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: