Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Top 8 Performances: Jordin Sparks

When Latoya London performed this song back in Season 3 she whipped out some serious dance moves to go with her fabulous high-belting voice.

Jordin had the high-belt down (vocally outperforming fellow divas Melinda and LaKisha, as far as I'm concerned) but my complaint about this performance is that she didn't know what to do with her body. I mean, at one point she literally walked around in a circle on the stage! (And those high pants didn't do her body an favors)

I still love Jordin, though, and can't wait until she can match those thrilling vocals with a song they really work with, a la "I Who Have Nothing."

GRADE: B+


1. Blake Lewis
2. Chris Richardson
3. Jordin Sparks
4. Phil
5. LaKisha Jones
6. Melinda Doolittle
7. Sanjaya Malakar
8. Haley

No comments: