Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Carrie Underwood Wins Big at the CMT Awards



Carrie Underwood continues to add trophies to her case, picking up three awards at last night's CMT Video Awards -- Best Video of the Year, Best Female Video of the Year, and Video Director of the Year for her hit song "Before He Cheats."

"Before He Cheats" continues it's success on the pop chart (see my post Carrie Underwood is Crossing Over), where it currently sits at #15, and the Hot AC chart, where it has just entered the Top 10. In addition, her single "Wasted" became her fourth consecutive number 1 single on the Country chart. Wow.

In other country news, Bucky Covington's self-titled debut album is available in stores today. I was a bit skeptical when I first heard news that Season 5's country boy was releasing an album, but I'm hearing surprisingly good buzz on it -- Entertainment Weekly even gave it a B+. I might have to check it out!

No comments: