Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Top 9 Performances: Jordin Sparks

Jordin’s outfit tonight definitely was better than last week’s ill-advised pseudo-schoolgirl ensemble, but she still hasn’t found quite the right look to really flatter her curves. (She came most close two weeks ago in a simple black dress). I’m confident she’ll get there, though.

Her voice, though, is so already there. It is redundant to say at this point (in part because Randy says it every time she sings), but I really can’t believe Jordin is only 17. She’s amazing! She’s stylish, she sings with incredible vocal nuance, and she really does look like a pro. She has quickly become one of my favorites in the competition.

I also have to disagree with Simon that this wasn’t a youthful take on the song. I think it was playful, bouncy and full of life – totally appropriate for teenage Jordin. As far as I’m concerned, this was the best of the night.

GRADE: A


1. Jordin Sparks
2. Melinda Doolittle
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Phil Stacey
5. Blake Lewis
6. Gina Glocksen
7. Chris Richardson
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: