Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Top 9 Performances: Blake Lewis

I love Blake, and he’s looking sharp tonight in his little jacket and tie, but I’m not quite buying his bouncy, snappin’ dance moves (and usually I love me some Blake dancin’). It almost seems like he’s dancing to a different song than he is singing. Weird.

I did, however, think Blake showed his voice off to better effect than he has since his first Semifinal audition, and the little scatting at the end was a nice Blake-touch.

Overall, though, the performance felt a bit messy – almost like he hadn’t rehearsed it enough to become really comfortable with it. Not his best, but definitely not a bomb.

GRADE: B


1. Jordin Sparks
2. Melinda Doolittle
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Phil Stacey
5. Blake Lewis
6. Gina Glocksen
7. Chris Richardson
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: