Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Kelly Clarkson Returns To Idol, Shooting New Music Video




After a slow winter for Kelly Clarkson news, the last 24 hours have revealed two very interesting things about the original American Idol and Grammy-winning artist.

Ryan Seacrest announced on Tuesday's American Idol that Kelly will be participating in "Idol Gives Back," the 2 hour charity extravaganza scheduled for April 25. She will be joining Pink, Josh Groban, Sascha Baron Cohen, and others for the event. This is the first time she will be returning to her old stomping grounds since the season finale in Season 3. She also appeared in an Idol Christmas Special in late 2004.

And it seems like Kelly might have a new song to sing that night, as word is out that she is shooting the music video for her new single next week (April 10-13). The song is apparently called "Never Again," and the casting notice indicates that they are looking for a "Lead / Male / Caucasian, Hispanic / 26 - 35 / Tall handsome businessman type, very confident, leading man looks, untrustworthy."

Hmmm...Kelly singing a song about an untrustworthy guy? Couldn't be!

There is still no word when her album, "My December," will be released, but stay tuned for more Clarkson info as it filters in...

4PM Update: Kelly has just posted the following on her official website --

"I know you've been waiting a while for this, so I'm thrilled to announce my new single from My December will be released to airwaves April 11th! It's called 'Never Again' and I'm so excited and I can't wait for you to hear it! I know this has been torture for you, waiting, and I hope you like the album. The album is the story of my life (intense, up and down). This is my favorite album I've done so far. It has some killer rock songs ,and some fun soul tracks, and a few slower, intimate songs, and it's all me! The album will be dropping this Summer (finally), and I'll be touring this summer too. I'm having a great day and as you can tell, I'm so excited today! THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT!!! WOOHOO!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg kelly is the best! i cant wait ....
she's gonna put all the AI 6 contestant to shame

go kelly! show them how to do it!

Anonymous said...

SHUT YOUR MOUTH, THIS SUMMER!??!!?!?!?!!?! I totally thought it would be a Fall release. Can. Not. Friggin. Wait.