Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Top 9 Performances: LaKisha Jones

First off, I agree with the definitively sober Ms. Abdul – this is the best Kiki has ever looked. Dress, hair, makeup – flawless.

And while the performance wasn’t exactly flawless it was definitely an improvement over the past couple of weeks. And, truth be told, if I wasn’t comparing LaKisha to her own performances of “And I Am Telling You” and “God Bless the Child” (both included on my list of the Top 15 Performances of the Season So Far), it would get an A+. It was sassy, it was soulful, and it was powerfully, beautifully sung.

So what am I complaining about?

GRADE: A-


1. Jordin Sparks
2. Melinda Doolittle
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Phil Stacey
5. Blake Lewis
6. Gina Glocksen
7. Chris Richardson
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: