Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Top 9 Performances: Chris Richardson

I could look at pictures of Chris Richardson all day long, that’s how cute I think he is. Every time he speaks, however, he disappoints me with his lack of personality. I’m sure he’s got one in there, I’d just like to see it one of these days. Come on, Chris, charm me!

As for his performance, I thought it was pretty good, but not nearly as good as all three judges seemed to think it was. He stayed on pitch, and he brought his style to the song, but it really didn’t blow me away. I still think he’s sticking a little too closely to the Timberlake model – I love Justin as much as anyone (his concert last month at Madison Square Garden was sick!), but Chris just doesn’t have the chops that Justin has, so he’s got to figure out a way to carve out an identity beyond the JT comparisons.

He’s still cute, though.

GRADE: B


1. Jordin Sparks
2. Melinda Doolittle
3. LaKisha Jones
4. Phil Stacey
5. Blake Lewis
6. Gina Glocksen
7. Chris Richardson
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Sanjaya Malakar

No comments: