Friday, January 11, 2008

Make Me a Supermodel: Ranking the Top 14

It's like Top Model filtered through the Project Runway structure, with a bit of American Idol style voting thrown in for good measure. No wonder I love Bravo's Make Me a Supermodel!

Tonight's premiere got things going with a bang, starting with a photo shoot, moving on to catwalk lessons and a fullout runway show in front of the judges. In swimsuits! Think Bravo knows their audience? I mean!

Here's my rankings of the Top 14. My pick is for Katy to go, but I wouldn't have put Dominic or Sarah in the Bottom 3. But hey,t that's just me.

Leave your rankings in the comments, and take the poll to see who you think should be eliminated.

1. Holly
I love her look and her style, haircut be damned.

2. Shannon
She has a vague transgender thing going on, and I love it!

3. Perry
Though he's a bit obnoxious, his desire to fight through the pain scores him points in my book. Plus, he's hot.

4. Stephanie
Apparently the intellectual snob of the series, she took a fierce picture and gave hot catwalk, so I can't be a playa hater.

5. Ben
His good-guy vibe will get him far, but can he do high fashion? How 'bout that tiny little ass?

6. Casey
Can't you just see him in an ad in Vogue? Too bad his walk sucks.

7. Jacki
Although she clearly knows what she's doing, she's a bit too skinny for my taste. Plus, not wearing a thong? Come on!

8. Dominic
He's a bit vanilla, and he does seem like he's trying a bit too hard, but his dark good looks lead me to believe he's got some potential.

9. Frankie
He's the classic goodlooking annoying guy, but his picture actually wasn't terrible. I just don't think he's got much going on beneath the surface.

10. Sarah
The Katherine Heigl look-alike seems sweet, and her picture turned out well, but her lack of an "edge" is going to be her downfall.

11. Ronnie
There's something about this guy that screams "cheeseball!" to me. I'm over him and his Ken-doll good looks.

12. Aryn
Who? Absolutely no impression made.

13. Jay
He seems like a sweet enough guy, but his awkward catwalk and photo shoot make me believe he really is "boyfriend cute" and not "model cute."

14. Katy
She looked constipated half the episode! I do feel for the drubbing she took about her body, but I can't see an ounce of potential in him. Good riddance.



No comments: