Wednesday, January 02, 2008

CBS' Scheduling of The Amazing Race Stinks!

I hate to start 2008 with a chip on my shoulder, but sorry CBS -- you and your Sunday scheduling of The Amazing Race have pissed me off one too many times!

I, like many other throughout the country and world, decided to take advantage of the Monday/Tuesday Christmas/New Year combination, and took a nice long vacation. I was surprised to see that CBS had decided to air new episodes of The Amazing Race on December 23 and 30, considering how close these days were to the holidays, but I figured I would Tivo them, and since there was little else on TV during the holiday weeks, I could watch them and catch up when I got back. I guessed that at least one of the episodes would be a non-elimination, but I imagined it would give me a good reality-TV fix headin' into the New Year, and I was looking forward to it.

Well...

Last night I sat down to dive into the Race, and what do I find? That football overruns, for the umpteenth time this season, have delayed the start of both episodes! Argh!!!

Why, CBS, why? I get it, football scores huge ratings, and it's a live sporting event whose end time can't be predicted. But I'll bet that if we took a look at the season, more than 75% of the episodes have started late due to football, which means those who are not watching the show live will have the ending cut off. And nothing is more frustrating for an avid viewer of reality television to have the ending cut off. There has got to be a way to schedule this show so that this doesn't happen -- every week. I mean, come on!!

Click for more The Amazing Race

Click to visit Idol Thought's AMERICAN IDOL CENTRAL for show recaps and rankings, news on former contestants, best-of lists and much more

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same complaint. However, I "fixed" this by telling my DVR to extend recording by an hour to catch anything that would have been cut off. Not a perfect solution, but has worked so far (where I knew it was likely to happen).