Friday, January 11, 2008

American Idol 7's Top 50 Finalist Spoilers: To Look or Not To Look

The season hasn't even begun yet, and already there are American Idol spoilers!

I have known that there was a list circulating of most of this year's Top 50 finalists, and, since we live in the internet age, it wasn't long before people were associating photos and myspace pages with the alleged finalists.

I've avoided looking at this list, for fear of tempting myself. If I'm gonna get through weeks of audition episodes, I might as well have some drama along with it, at least in the manufactured form the Idol producers dole out to us. Won't it take away the fun if I know going in who makes it and who doesn't?

But then again, how much drama is there, really? Most of the people who truly deserve to make it do, in fact, make it, and every year there are maybe one or two genuine surprises. So what would it hurt to take a peek...

No. I don't want the fact that I can listen to a demo on myspace impact me, at least not yet. I know thousands of others have looked, but for now I'm gonna hold on.

In case you are not nearly as over-analytical as I am, and are interested in taking a peek, click the link below. But don't spoil it for the rest of us who don't want to know!

SPOILER: American Idol 7's Top 50 Finalists, With Myspace Pages and Photos

Ten Best Initial American Idol Auditions of All Time

Is it Wrong That I'm Dreading the American Idol Audition Episodes?


No comments: