Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kit Kicked to the Curb on Project Runway

Ok, the madness on Project Runway has go to stop! Kevin and Kit are gone, and Ricky and Sweet P are still around?? What is going on here?!?

It was a packed show, with the designers tasked with creating an avant garde dress and a ready-to-wear companion piece. When the designers are forced to pair up, you always know there is going to be drama, and last night's episode did not disappoint. Ramy and Sweet P, predictably, butted heads, as did similar control freaks Victorya and Jillian.

I gotta say -- Jillian is an incredible designer, it's true, and she might end up winning the whole thing, but I am so over her "I'm a mess, it's so hard, I'm terrible at time management...look, my design came out amaaaaazing" shtick. Stop being such a whiner, Jillian!

Although hers and Victorya's creation was pretty fabulous, the win went deservedly to "Team Fierce" (Christian and Chris), who came up with a fantastically over-the-top creation. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- Christian cracks me up. Everything he does is pure comic genius, and I hope he sticks around for awhile, because he makes me laugh!

As for Kit -- what a bummer! Yes, the dress was terrible and did evoke a cheap version of Scarlett O'Hara's frocks, but why did the judges eliminate Kit, who has performed well throughout the competition, when they had the opportunity to get rid of Ricky, who consistently produces terrible work? Kit always reminded me of last year's contestant Allison, and, unfortunately like Allison, she has been eliminated prematurely, with a couple of rotten designers still in contention. (Yes, Sweet P and Ricky, I'm talking to you!)

With Rami taking a few hits in the past couple of weeks for the same-sameness of his designs, and Kit sent packin', is this contest whiny Jillian's to win?

More Project Runway

No comments: