Friday, July 13, 2007

No Shocker Here: Cedric and Shauna Eliminated From SYTYCD

I hate to say I told you so, but, well, I told you so.

For the first time this season I was spot on the money with my predictions in my post Who is Going Home Tonight?, guessing Danny/Anya, Hok/Jaimie, and Cedric/Shauna would be the Bottom 3, with Cedric and Shauna getting the boot. And so it was.

The evening was not without some unexpected excitement, however. Danny was really spectacular in his solo, for one -- he really is a tremendous dancer. He was certainly better than Anya, who is going to have to step up her game in these solos if she wants to compete with the other girls. In addition, Adam Shenkman revealed that he's got at least a couple of screws loose, and also that there is going to be a Step Up 2. Rejoice! Oh yeah, and Zac Efron was there. That's never a bad thing.

And then there was Hilary Duff, who apparently is a sullen belly dancer now. Who knew?

As for Cedric and Shauna, it was time for them to go. Cedric wore out his welcome weeks ago, and Shauna only really had one great performance (the Mia Michaels piece).

Speaking of Mia, can we get her back next week? I miss her.

Click for more So You Think You Can Dance

No comments: