Monday, July 09, 2007

Clay Aiken Speaks Out About Airline Incident



In case you missed it today, apparently the FBI was called in to settle a dispute between a passenger on a flight and Clay Aiken. Yes, that Clay Aiken. The media has been reporting on it like crazy today (read the original report here), and now Mr. Aiken has issued a statement to Entertainment Tonight:

“While sleeping on a plane over the weekend, my foot evidently found a home on the arm rest of the passenger seated directly in front of me. I didn’t realize I was causing the woman any distress until she woke me up with a quick hit to the chest. Unfortunately, being that this happened on a plane, the FBI was called in to investigate and eventually we were all sent on our way. I’d like to thank everyone for their concern; I am fine and have taken steps to prevent any foot wandering in the future.”

I didn't want to have to write about this today, because it just seemed too silly to spend even a few minutes on. But now that Clay has "responded," I deemed it Idol Thoughts-worthy. See, readers, I sacrifice my own sense of blogging right and wrong for you -- I hope you're happy!

No comments: