Monday, July 14, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Top 10: The Order They Will Fall

Even though I still haven't found my Travis or Danny or Sabra (that one dancer who gives me chills and makes me sit up straight in my seat), this season of So You Think You Can Dance is shaping up to be one of the hardest-to-call yet. The overall level talent is so high, it's nearly impossible to predict the order the Top 10 will fall...

But I'm gonna try!

Here are my thoughts on the order in which the Top 10 contestants will be eliminated...please feel free to leave comments and disagree!

Top 10/9: Jessica and Gev
Jessica's a no-brainer -- fans of the show have been clamoring for her elimination for weeks now, and this week they'll finally get the chance to send her home. Gev, on the other hand, has built up a fanbase with Courtney, but I'm afraid losing his crush is going to take away a bit of his spirit.
(Editor's Note: After this article was published, it was announced that Jessica has withdrawn from the competition and been replaced by Comfort in the Top 10. Read article here.)

Top 8/7: Chelsie and Twitch
Chelsie may be the most versatile dancer on the show, but I'm not sure she's the most likable, and that could send her packin' earlier than she should. Twitch, meanwhile, could not be any more likable, but his lack of technical expertise will surely hurt him in the longrun.

Top 6/5: Kherington and Joshua
Kherington beams when she dances, but I'm not sure she has what it takes (including a likable enough personality) to make it all the way to the finals. Joshua, while charming as all get-out, could find himself limited by his lack of training when it comes to this point in the competition.

Fourth Place: Courtney
It's a bit hard to guess what will happen to Courtney once she separates from Gev, but the beauty of her dancing (and her smile) will, in my opinion, catapult her into the Top 4.

Third Place: Mark
Easily the most unique contestant of the season, does Mark have what it takes to grab the big prize? I'm thinking he'll get close, but not quite close enough.

Second Place: Katee
This year's Sabra doesn't have much of a personality, but her dancing is sublime. Will she make it two-in-a-row for the girls?

Winner: Will
Technically gifted, absolutely gorgeous, and a total gentleman? Give him the $250K now!

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark in third place? Really? Mmmmm, I'm thinkin 8th...

Anonymous said...

i think chelsie has developed a big fan base! i think courtney should go way before chelsie!

Unknown said...

i say, switch chelsie and courtney and you may be right on...

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm with the others. Chelsea will go a lot further.