Friday, December 07, 2007

Survivor's Denise Takes Center Stage



Who knew the lunchlady could be so compelling?

All season long, Survivor's Denise has seemed sweet, but simple. Who knew she even had a husband, let alone two kids? She nearly broke my heart during this episode, watching her be so darn cute with her husband.

And then she went and landed herself right in the middle of all of the drama. The rest of the game literally laid in her hands -- whichever way she voted was going to determine how the remaining days played out. Watching her struggle with the decision was just adorable -- clearly she is not used to being in situations like these. Her decision, ultimately, was the safe one, and, what she said to the camera, that "this will probably be my biggest mistake in the game," is probably correct. However, based on the previews for next week's episode, the you-know-what hits the fan anyways, so who knows what's going to happen?

Confession: I've been watching Survivor since Season 2, and I cry every single season during the family reunion episode. I don't know what it is, but the sheer bliss that envelops the contestants is endlessly moving to me. Don't judge.

As for the elimination of Erik -- whoooo? For such a pretty boy, he really made very little impact on the show, except, of course, when he proudly declared his virginity. (George Bush must be proud.) Quite frankly, I'm glad he's gone -- the final 5 all bring something unique to the table (even if, in the case of Courtney, it's just a lousy attitude and a brilliantly sharp tongue.)

I'm always a sucker for the underdog, so I'd like to be rooting for Peih-Gee, especially after her second Immunity win, but she's just not that likable. Thus, I'm pulling for Machiavellian Todd, who may or may not have faked his sister's miscarriage (I'm going to choose to believe that he didn't, but, after the initial revelation, he didn't seem that upset about it, now did he?) I also wouldn't mind an Amanda victory -- she's been thinking throughout, and plotting James' demise was a brilliant move. To see the two of them battle it out in the Final 2 would be a treat.

Speaking of which, it does seem like they are on track to go into the Season Finale with a Final Four, as opposed to a Final Five, as they have done the past couple of seasons. I like that better -- a head=to-head battle between two players at the end amps up the stakes that much higher.




No comments: