Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Golden Globe Noms Announced Tomorrow -- Here's Who I'm Hoping Scores



The Golden Globe Award nominations will be announced tomorrow morning, and while I'm bracing for myself for the usual list of suspects, there's a few stars and series I'm hoping will make the cut.

Like, for example, Friday Night Lights. After feeling no Emmy love this year, I'm desperately hoping it will score nods for Best Series, Best Actor (Kyle Chandler), Best Actress (Connie Britton) and maybe even a few of the Supporting players (Zach Gilford, Scott Porter, Adrianne Palicki). I realize these nominations are unlikely, but, hey, I can hope, right?

More likely to make the list is Damages, or at least it's star, Glenn Close. I'd also imagine Ted Danson has a good shot at picking up a nomination.

I'd love to see Christina Applegate get recognized for her charming work on Samantha Who?; ditto Rachel Griffiths or Calista Flockhart for Brothers & Sisters (Emmy Award winner Sally Field seems like a shoo-in). Mad Men is also very deserving of a nod for Best Series, Best Actor (Jon Hamm as Don Draper) and Best Supporting Actress (Christina Hendricks as Joan) -- will it make the cut?

What under-the-radar stars or series would you like to see recognized by the Golden Globes?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll second your Adrianne Palicki nomination! :)