Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Dancing with the Stars Top 6: Rankings and Elimination Prediction

The first time the contestants on Dancing with the Stars are required to do two dances is always a turning point in the competition -- this is where the separation occurs of the men from the boys (or, as it were, the ladies from the girls, which, to be honest, doesn't really have the same ring). Last night, the cream rose to the top, while a few contestants revealed their weaknesses.

Before I get to the rankings and elimination prediction, I have to say two things:

1. I hate Samantha Harris more than ever. Someone, please, fire her!

2. Were the cheetah paws really necessary? You are all supposedly "stars," not cornfed hicks from Alabama who got lucky on a reality show and are "bonding" with your new friends. Get it together! Cameron Mathison said "This is best thing I've ever done." Really, Cameron? That's a little sad.

Ok, on to the rankings...

1. Marie Osmond
I mean! That first dance was simply perfection, and was robbed of three 10's from the judges. She had the character, the moves, the attitude -- it put a smile on my face from start to finish. The cha cha was not quite the triumph of the quickstep, but it was spirited and sexy nonetheless. And all those kids? I mean!

2. Mel B
I think Mel B. should win this competition, as she most consistently delivers standout performances, but, as I did with Sabrina, I have reservations about the fairness of someone who dances for a living taking part in the competition. Still, she's so charmingly unpolished off the floor, and then so beautifully polished on it, that I can't help but cheer for her.

3. Jennie Garth
Kelly Taylor is supa-sexy! That rumba was hot, more than making up for a slightly tepid first dance. As I was watching her dance last night, I really started to hope that this show (and the fact that she is coming off so real and likable) jumpstarts her career. She's not been down and out -- What I Like About You ran for three years on the WB -- but I'd like to see her in a Grey's Anatomy type project.

4. Helio Castroneves
I love me some Helio, and the samba really hit it out of the park, but he's plateaued a bit for me. He needs to find some of the excitement he had earlier in the competition, but without forcing his admittedly charming smile. I think he can do it, and make it to the finals as a result.

5. Cameron Mathison
He's handsome, yes, but there's something a little desperate about the way Cameron is approaching this competition. Basically, he makes me nervous. He has vastly improved as a dancer, I must admit. But I'm getting a little sick of his overeager enthusiasm.

6. Jane Seymour
Elegant, shmelegant -- she's boring! It was a novelty for a while to see her pull off some of the Latin dances, but, classy as she is, she can't compete with the remaining dancers. And we get it -- you were besties with Johnny and June Cash. Their votes aren't gonna help you too much, Dr. Quinn -- maybe instead of saying "I did it for Johnny and June" you should have been saying "I did it for the audience, who kept me around another week even though I had staged a food poisoning incident to avoid having to be eliminated on live television." Just a thought.

Here's another thought...I think Jane Seymour will be eliminated tonight. If others, like myself, are just sick of the perfectionist who's faced drama after drama this season, expect Jane to have danced her last dance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, who peed in your cornflakes? I swear every article is getting more mean and more catty. So what if they wanted to show support to Sabrina? It was a nice gesture and they've all bonded. "Stars" or not, they are human beings. Besides, this particularly competition really has no stakes except bragging rights so why not give a shoutout to a fallen competitor? It's not like anyone's getting a recording contract or a million dollars when it's all over with.

P.S. - Samantha will never be mistaken for a great host, but she's harmless enough. It's funny that they only people I ever hear complain about her are other women.