Monday, November 12, 2007

Go Goths! I Found My Fave on The Amazing Race

For me, a reality show is only really fun to watch when there is a contestant or two that I am really pulling for. Survivor, for example, was never more enjoyable than when Ethan Zohn pulled out a victory, and dialing my fingers off for Elliott Yamin is what made Season 5 of American Idol gave purpose to that year's competition.

Which makes the fact that I've found my favorite contestants on The Amazing Race that much more exciting. Yep, I'm goin' Goth!

Now, truth be told, I would have loved to be rooting for the lesbian ministers as well, but as lovely and likable as they are, they just didn't have the competitive edge necessary to go far in the competition. And, alas, now they are gone. The Goths, though, definitely do have the competitive spirit -- and they're workin' it in style!

I can't really put my finger on what it is I like about them so much, except for the fact that (a) they seem to actually like each other, and (b) they are different, and I'm all for embracing differences. It's also a hoot to watch them defy expectations -- people seem to think if you dress "odd" and have make-up on your face, you're not capable of accomplishing anything. That's definitely not true of Kynt and Vyxsin. It's certainly easier than embracing dysfunctional father/daughter relationships (that was painful to watch), stupid blonges (ugh to Shana and Jennifer) or dysfunctional boyfriend/girlfriends (I'm talking to you, Nathan and Jennifer!)

So, I say Go Goth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the Goths! They're my favorites this season. Kynt reminds me of a cross between Marilyn Manson and Pete Burns (of 80's group 'Dead or Alive') and Vyxsyn (sp?) simply rocks absolutely. Hope they get the million!