Friday, November 30, 2007

Who Is Going To Win Project Runway?

Ok, Idol Thoughts readers, I need your help.

Every year, my aunt and I make a bet very early in the season as to who is going to win Project Runway. Last year, I selected Allison (who, of course, was unceremoniously booted way too early in the season), while my aunt chose Ulli (who made it all the way to the Final 2). By the time next week's episode begins, I've got to be ready with my pick.

The problem is -- I have no idea who to select!!

There's two designers I can rule out right off the bat: Ricky and Sweet P. Neither has a shot in hell at bringing home a victory. While I get a huge kick out of Christian (he's hysterical!), I can't imagine him walking away with the prize, no matter how fast he can sew. And though Elisa's quirkiness certainly makes for good TV, I find it hard to believe she's going to make it all the way to Bryant Park. Jillian, Chris and Stephen all seem like competent designers, but none has made even a bit of a splash yet, so I'm going to cross them off the list for the time being as well.

That leaves the three challenge winners (Rami, Victorya and Jack), along with Kevin and Kit, who both performed well on the most recent challenge. I'm going to take Jack out of the equation, as I'm not sure he'll consistently be able to produce work as high quality as he did this week, and Kevin as well, based solely on the fact that he reminds me too much of last year's winner Jeffrey. (I know, that's terrible logic, but I'm grasping at straws a bit -- it's too early in the competition to have to make a decision like this!)

So I'm left with Rami, Victorya and Kit. My instinct is to go with Kit, but after choosing a young, blonde designer last year (Allison) and getting bitten in the ass, I'm a little gun-shy when it comes to the pretty girls. Victorya's Sarah Jessica Parker design was fantastic, but is she edgy enough to win the title? And is Rami a one-trick pony, or does he have what it takes to win the title?

So what do you think, Idol Thoughts readers? Help me out here -- let me know who you think is going to be the winner of Project Runway Season 4.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So hard to tell this early on but I'm inclined to lean toward Jillian and/or Rami.

Anonymous said...

If you looked at the 3 piece collection all of the designers did prior to the start (you can see them on the PR website), my vote goes to Jillian. STUNNING outfits! But I also really like Chris. Loved Elisa's dress for Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten line - wish SOMEONE would manufacture it. But don't think either she or Christian will be in for the long run. And Rami, though a good draper, will probably become a one-note with the draping.

Anonymous said...

Jillian's 3 pre-season designs were fabulous!!! I also like Chris March - don't think he's shown yet but has the possibility.

Julia said...

I'm going with Victorya. I know she is a little safe -- but her designs really seem superior to the rest. From freshness, to construction to wearability to cute factor, I think she's got everyone beat. Plus, as if the spelling of her name isn't a dead give away......