Thursday, November 29, 2007

Say It Ain' So! Heather Eliminated From Top Model

Anyone who has watched America's Next Top Model for years had to have seen it coming, but it didn't make it any less painful. Yes, Heather has been eliminated -- and I'm not happy.

From day one, it was clear that Tyra and co. would love love love Heather in all her awkward glory, until, of course, they got to the point where they decided she was just too awkward to make it in the modeling business. It happened to Shandi, it happened to twins Amanda and Michelle, and now (gulp!) it's happened to Heather.

Boooooooooooooooooo!

Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't want Jenah to go home either. Sure, she's sarcastic and has a bit of an edge, but she takes some fierce pictures, and who says a Top Model has to be sweetness and love all the time? I'd take Jenah over Chantal's bubbly emptiness any day of the week!

But Heather?? Sure, she fumbled the Cover Girl TV spot last week, and she royally F'ed up the go-see challenge. And she'd gotten a bit whiny and annoying in the past couple of weeks. But the girl is gorgeous (!), and an inspiration to all those who are "different." Yes, there have been theories raging that she was "faking" her condition (my favorite theory comes from the love of my life, who believes she is really an acting graduate student doing her masters thesis), but I'd like to believe in the purity of life (and reality TV) and believe that she really did have a syndrome, and managed to overcome the obstacles associated with it to really thrive in the competition.

Heather, we'll miss ya.

So who's gonna win this thing? Last week I would've strongly gone with Jenah, but it seems like the judges are souring on her a bit. Saleyshia may have climbed into the frontrunner spot thanks to a strong showing last night, but Bianca is showing some surprising legs as well.

Just, please, anyone but Chantal!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather was my alltime favorite!

I don't even CARE who wins now. I haven't been this depressed since April Wilkner was eliminated in season 2.

Why does MY favorite never win?
Natasha, Michelle, Joanie, Kim, Kahlen, Amanda, April and Elyse!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I'm devistated about this. Not that any of the others hold a candle to Heather, but Jenah and Salisha are my next favorites. Chantal is so boring it hurts and I just have to hate Bianca because she was such a bitch about Heather, and in my view, and if Heather can't win, then neither can she. Karma will cut a bitch.

Anonymous said...

I will never tune in to this show again! I am disappointed in the show and Tyra. If they allowed Heather to compete in the show, then making allowances for her disability should be expected to be made, not just when it seemed convenient for the show's reputation. I have a 3 1/2 yr old son recently diagnosed with mild autism. Seeing Heather doing so well has been an inspiration to me to continue working hard for my son's future success. Unfortunately, I will not support this show by being a loyal viewer any longer. But, again, thanks to Heather for her influence in my life. Best of luck to her in all her future endeavors.