Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dancing with the Stars Top 7: Rankings and Elimination Prediction

After missing last week's Dancing with the Stars due to a Tivo snafu, I was able to catch last night's show, and was mightily impressed. How is it that season after season this show makes me care about "celebrities" I couldn't have given two shits about only weeks earlier? Ah, the magic of reality television.

On to the rankings:

1. Mel B
This rumba was hot hot hot! Sexy, seductive, sensual -- throw any "s" word you want at it, and it sticks.

2. Helio Castroneves
Helio is back! This dance was en fuego, with the racecar driver showing off a smoothness in his moves that has been absent from his last few performances. And how about he and Julianne during the group number? Adorable!

3. Sabrina Bryan
She's become so technically proficient, and shows such professionalism, that it's actually become a bit of a snooze. I won't be shocked if she gets booted earlier than she should, based on the fact that she's lost a bit of the "wow" factor. Still, there's no denying she is a fantastic dancer.

4. Jennie Garth
Go Kelly Taylor! Watching Jennie discover her confidence is perhaps the most heartwarming part of this season's competition, and when she nails a dance like she did this week, it actually feels triumphant. She is definitely the Lisa Rinna of this year's show.

5. Cameron Mathison
This guy definitely gets the most-improved award of the season -- no longer do I get glimpses of Ian Ziering when he dances, and he's actually become kinda sexy. Kinda.

6. Marie Osmond
Were they trying to play off Marie's fainting spell last week by having her sprawled on the ground several times during the routine? If they were, it was a bit disturbing...and kinda amazing!

7. Jane Seymour
I admire Jane's pluck and determination, and for a middle-age woman she certainly can throw her legs up ("I can kick, and stretch!"), but the judges were right on target, the jive just didn't fit the elegant Dr. Quinn. Not a trainwreck, but easily the worst of the night.

So, who's gonna go? My money is on Jane Seymour -- after a Bottom 2 showing last week, and low judges scores this week, the former ballerina may be ronde-ing her way out of the ballroom. I think she may be joined by Cheetah Girl Sabrina in the Bottom 2 this week, which would be a wake-up call for the over-achiever. Guess we'll see...

Click for more Dancing with the Stars

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched a movie called Cheeta Girls recently. The person who looked like Sabrina danced with a professional dance group. If so, it would seem she had an advantage over the other beginners. Is this true?

Anonymous said...

It doesn't really matter what previous experience each competetor had... there were obviously rules of entry and I doubt that a successful movie like that would have been overlooked in considering Sabrina as a competetor. I personally think she was the best dancer in the show and am stunned that she is gone. I don't think I will watch the show anymore. I spent all my votes on Mel because she is my second favorite dancer and none on Sabrina because I was so sure she had it made.